Make My Heart



Toni Braxton. There's a name you haven't heard in a while. I remember jamming to "He Wasn't Man Enough For Me" in 7th grade, and rooting for her superhero character in the music video (despite being scandalized by her using her assets to distract her enemies). She's come out with a new video, and I have to admit, the first thing I thought was "Aren't you a bit too old to be doing this sort of thing?" But then I said, "You know what? Nobody said you HAD to act your age." And only Toni can look this good doing it - she's ROCKING that fade, and looks altogether amazing. I hope I still look this good when I'm thirty, talk less of her forty-two years. Damn. I also love the track - It's exactly the upbeat jam I've been craving these days. That party too - I really need to move to a more happening city.

Eccentric has given me the Happy 101 Award, and I'm supposed to write about 10 things that make me happy. However, I'm dealing with a lot of stuff lately, so happy is hard to come by. But I promise I'll do it eventually! Just need the sun to break through the clouds...

Anyway, lemme know what you think of the video!

EDIT: OMG I can't believe I completely forgot to mention the awesome dancers in this video! Look out for FannyPak at around 0:44 (LA dance crew featured on America's Best Dance Crew), B-Girl Shorty from the Beat Freakz (also ABDC alums - she's the b-girl with red hair) and a host of other people - WHO ARE THOSE GIRLS AT 0:57??? SO FIERCE

EDIT2: Okay, so I just watched a live version of this - what do you guys think of her use of gay men in her video and performances? Is it cool, or does it make you a little uncomfortable? Discuss ^^


Comments

Popular Posts